Friday, October 13, 2006

What are the rules of blogging?


I’m most certainly going to play the dumb / novice card here. My involvement in blogosphere up until now has been an interested onlooker, wondering why people sought to share their thoughts with the world, not knowing who they were sharing them with. I have googled people, found their blogs, and cyberstalked them for months. Isn’t that the beauty of this new world I’m entering?

  • I believe the best postings are short ones.
  • We live in a world of bullet-point lists, the business world’s attempt to organize salient messages for managers who apparently don’t have enough time to read full paragraphs.
  • I get that.
  • Frankly, I don’t like to read full paragraphs either, nor do I have the patience to write them.

So I’ll try to keep postings short. My pledge to the readers of Platinum Elite. Not that I have any readers just yet.

1 comment:

Green said...

I'm reading. Here's my big blogging issue - whether I'm writing for me, or for the audience. I go back and forth on that one, and I think that's how it's got to be. My biggest rule of blogging is: Take the time to use spellcheck.