Thursday, January 18, 2007

Back on the road


Finally – a visit back to Airworld! It’s been almost 2 ½ months since I saw the chaos of this land.

I haven’t taken too many flights since the liquid / gel rules were established….and then made more lenient…so I was a bit confused about what to do with my lip balm. It remained in my jacket pocket, and I wasn’t flagged.

3 lessons learned already, even before my flight:

Lesson 1 - Just because Central Parking at Logan has all of these spiffy new spots….does not mean than on a Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 PM the Central Parking Guardians will permit you to park there if you’re going to be gone “for a few days” as I accurately, yet stupidly, told them. “Overnight” was the secret word that would have allowed me to pass and not receive a pink sheet of paper with directions to Economy parking basically in Revere (a farther distance than I live from Logan).

Lesson 2 – upon being denied from Central Parking – Terminal B Parking could be the solution. It was today. Plenty of spots there, and just about a 10 minute indoor walk to the jetBlue ticket desk!

Lesson 3 – if “you have a flight in 10 minutes” and are so thoughtless that YOUR delinquency caused you to cut right in front of someone who was there on time, AND then forget to remove your laptop from its case when putting your bag through an X-Ray machine, the TSA employees take “extra time” searching your bag, simply out of spite. “Have a flight in 10 minutes is a warning sign for us,” I overheard as I watched the dumbass who cut me await his bag while I purchased and sipped my latte at the Starbucks right after security.

No comments: