Tuesday, February 20, 2007

jetBlue's promise to us

Deservedly, jetBlue has been under huge scrutiny since their brilliant disaster at JFK last week and their continued flights cancellations over the past few days in an effort to resume normal operations. This is the first national PR disaster I can recall for jetBlue - a far contrast from that jet that landed in Long Beach with its landing gear turned 180 degrees, passengers viewing the potential crash live from their seats (as they watched the live DirecTV), and a pretty flawless emergency landing.

I suppose David Neeleman comes across as humble in this video, albeit humble and dull! Our marketing director Bev was affected by their Friday flight out of Austin, but since I was still checking in for my Continental flight to Providence, I told her to buy a one-way with the same itinerary (AUS-CLE-PVD) and I would drive her back to Boston. Good think, because jetBlue offered her a Saturday flight at the earliest, and I bet that was even speculative. And, if she had attempted to fly back on Wednesday, she would have been one of the angry folks sitting on the tarmac for over 6 1/2 hours after landing at JFK.

Free flights for everyone affected is a given. jetBlue should figure out something else to spread the goodwill for everyone affected and turn this PR nightmare from lemons into lemonade.

No comments: