Friday, May 18, 2007

10,000 Lakes and Legosauruses

Minnesota is the Land of 10,000 Lakes, 2 of which appear in this photo from my airplane. Or, maybe it's 3 lakes...if the lake closer to downtown counts as one large lake and one much smaller one.
We're staying at a Marriott Residence Inn hotel in Bloomington, and our room is quite huge. 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, 2 bathrooms. Granted we're not talking 600 threadcount sheets and Sub-Zero here, but still the extra space is nice.
Tonight I think we're going to hit the whirlpool downstairs. We're both a bit tired from 2 flights apiece to get here, and the 10k we must have walked during our time in the Mall of America.
Here's a photo of Brian and I overlooking the amusement park area. The lady who snapped this photo actually asked us if we wanted our picture taken (well...of COURSE I do). In my typical East-Coast mentality, my first thought immediately after her offer was that she was going to steal my camera.

The amusement park behind us is in the middle of the mall. We hit both of the roller coasters, each of which were short but decent.




Also in the amusement park area are rare Legosauruses. I startled the blue one on the right, but we escaped unharmed.







No comments: