Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Don't mess with my plants

With the trip in the books and a few weeks here in Boston until my next work trip (...oddly enough to New Orleans for a convention - never been there in 32 years, now twice in a month), I can resume turning my focus on everyday nuisances.

Such as...

1. Finishing my deck. The weather this weekend looks unflattering, so I don't think it will be stained in time for my parents' short visit next week. Hopefully it will at least me sanded.

2. My flower bulbs. They finally sprouted. I woke up this morning to find dirt on the deck, topsoil dug up, some sprouts unattached to any bulbs, and a bulb or two no longer buried. This family of birds lives in my neighbor's roof, and I'm pointing the finger at them. Sure, the incessant chirping bugs me, but I turn my head to that. When mama bird begins foraging through the very little foliage on my deck, oh no - game on. Get out the BB Gun.
3. My car. It needs a wash.

4. My DVR. 2 episodes of CSI. 3 episodes of Lost. 10 episodes of 24. Who knows what else. After a long trip, catching up becomes a burden.

5. Yanks-Sox this weekend. Spare me the misery.

No comments: