Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Return to New Orleans

I'm back on the road this week, and once again find myself in New Orleans. I find it odd that there is no nonstop direct service from Boston to New Orleans. JetBlue flies here, so hopefully in the near future they will add a nonstop BOS-MSY.

I flew Delta, connecting through Atlanta, an airport I strongly dislike due to its size. I believe this is my first time connecting through ATL. Besides today, all of the times I see ATL, it's because that's where I'm headed.

This week, I'm here for convention. Usually I'm not a big fan of conventions, but this one is different. I am so used to going to a convention and having to sell something, present something, be on a panel, be on a main stage, or do something else much more involved than wander around a convention hall, attend workshops, meet vendors, and be taken out for a couple dinners. It's a much different perspective when you're the one being pitched to.

The convention's main hotel was booked up, but I found an unexpectedly inexpensive $69/night rate at the Renaissance Pere Marquette. I have no idea why the room was so cheap, since it's right next to the French Quarter, it's one of Marriott's "upper" brands, it's a convention week, and the hotel is oversold Wed night. Maybe I just lucked out. Always nice to save a couple bucks for the company.

No comments: