Friday, July 20, 2007

It's Miller Time

This weekend could not have come soon enough. I'm pretty beat from a number of long work days, exacerbated by my unfortunate need to stay up until past midnight to catch up on some of the television in my DVR. Partially my own fault.

I don't have any plans this weekend, besides a going away party tonight for Christopher, who is leaving our fair city and working amidst the gypsies, tramps, and thieves of Washington DC. Perhaps his arrival there will usher in an enhanced Democratic presence on Pennsylvania Avenue. I'm glad he has sold most of his Boston possessions and can pack up much of his rental truck himself tomorrow. While I'm an excellent manager of truck packing, I really need to sleep in tomorrow.

Last night, we stopped at John Harvard's in Framingham for dinner. I picked up a growler of their Hop Chronic brew (I think that's the name), which was my favorite from the sampler platter I ordered. It's quite a deal for these things - something like $9 for 64 ounces of microbrew. Perhaps I'll bring it to the party tonight...I just want to make sure I take the growler bottle back with me, because I have taken to putting empty growler bottles atop my kitchen cabinets.

No comments: