Tuesday, August 21, 2007

2 for 3 on istockphoto

Lord - getting approved on istockphoto is sure difficult! I am up to two of three approved photos (the second one, a bit begrudgingly on their part, with their backhanded approval of one of my Dubrovnik pictures with the comment: "Ok - do be aware of focus issues")

I keep reminding myself that this is all fine, and it's a good approval process, as it keeps out the less skilled amateurs from uploading. For now, I'm one of those less skilled amateurs it seems. But one more approved photo, and then the fun begins.

With my new Digital SLR, I think I have a better shot now. I am still getting a handle on lighting and such, so after reviewing my pics from over the weekend from the Boston Harbor islands, it's a bit strange that I'm selecting a close-up of a valve on the boat that brought us out to Spectacle Island, but I think it's a good shot with a clear subject in the foreground, and a blurry background for effect (I did that on purpose!)


Their issues with all rejected photos have been "artifacts" in the photos when viewed at full size. This photo of limes is the latest not to make the cut. I'm having a difficult time determining if the photos have artifacts, so we'll see if this one is artifact-free. I still like the pic.

No comments: