Saturday, August 25, 2007

Peace offering

My standoff with itunes has ended, and I'm back on their downloading bandwagon.

This morning, I added a few new songs from M.I.A. and Rilo Kiley. I think M.I.A.'s first CD was so original and different. The new one has some songs that are great, and some I just can't see myself listening to, so I went the itunes a la carte route.

The new Rilo Kiley, however, has more songs than I thought I would like. Their new single is called "The Moneymaker," and while I definitely like it, their old time indie pop fans seem up at arms (God forbid bands evolve or make records that have some pop sensibilities if they began along the indie route).

I thought I would check my most played itunes tracks (I love this feature for some reason), and I'm not sure what to make of these 20 songs besides realizing that most have remained on my active playlist for some time, and I just never seem to skip many of them...hence the highest amount of plays.



I do know that I was at the John Legend show last night at Fenway - my final concert of the summer - and he didn't sing the one song of his that I liked the most (#19). Instead, he spent most of his time on stage sweating and gyrating with some lady who joined him on stage for a slow dance (in all honesty..he was very good).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't listened to anything but 'The Moneymaker' yet, but my problem with it are the inane lyrics. They've always been pop but on 'The Execution of all Things', the lyrics were different, smart, and sentimental.

Course, now I have to run out and listen to the rest of the album to see how it stands up.