Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Open Letter to Red Sox Nation

Dear RSN,

I truly am rooting for your team to make the playoffs. And I do think it's going to happen this year.

But limping across the finish line is a tough way to enter the post season.

And I don't want a 3-and-out first round for you guys. I, too, want to see Sox-Yanks in the ALCS.

Unfortunately, your team is not winning.

This is your chance to with the first AL East Title in 10 years. A full decade! All it takes are a few more wins.

I have seen this story before, though. Not just the monumental collapse, but the bullpen that failed. Okajima last weekend, Gagne last night, Papelbon tonight.

If your team had not won on Saturday, they would now be in second place.

As implausible as climbing back from 14.5 games behind sounds, we're just 1.5 back now. Less than a sweep of a double header.

Please get with the program. I want to see Yanks-Sox in the ALCS. I really do.

You are ruining it.

Please begin to win.

Thank you,
A concerned Yankees fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Concern yourself, no more. The Red Sox clinched the AL East last night, as we in Red Sox nation always knew they would. Now you can sleep easy. Fondly, Nancy and Dana