Friday, January 11, 2008

Hand Gesture on Mass Ave

Rides home along Mass Ave. are usually uneventful, save a few unsynchronized lights, dodging of pedestrians, and swerving around double-parked cars.

Today, traffic was quite backed-up, likely because of the block between Columbus Ave. and the medical center being completely dark (it's safe to assume that there was a power outage).

When I was stopped at the crosswalk near the orange line stop, I witnessed a brief unexpected simple hand gesture that did not involve a single middle finger.

A woman crossed right in front of my car, to be followed by a late 20- or early 30-something dude who, in mere seconds, stared at me, pointed at her, um, backside, then gestured with his thumb, forefinger, and middle finger, touching his mouth with all three at once as if to tell me that his view was, well, quite delicious.

I'm not sure why he felt compelled to tell this to me, a random stopped motorist. But, I'm glad he felt that he had someone to share it with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, so is that woman really that bootylicious?