Monday, January 21, 2008

Totally Beside Myself

I still can't believe that my dream matchup of Pats-Giants is indeed going to be a reality. These are indeed the best teams in each league.

When you beat the #1 and #2 seeded teams on your way to the Super Bowl, that's quite an accomplishment. The Giants totally outplayed the Packers yesterday. While it ended as a thriller, the Giants could have won this game in convincing style during regulation. Nonetheless, what an amazing football game.

I follow three teams in all of sports - the Yankees, the Giants, and the Pats. I could care less about basketball and hockey.

The first two I grew up watching, and the latter I adopted at the midpoint of my life. It has never been a conflict to watch the Giants and Pats. Never, until this season.

It's a great problem to have, and after a moment of thought, I decided that my full allegiance does indeed remain with the Giants. Stick with the team you have cheered for the longest.

But I don't hate the Pats one bit. Their season has been nothing short of amazing, and it has been fun to watch. Boston sports are hotter than ever, and it's nice to have the rest of the country's attention.

This is the first time that I truly watch and follow and cheer for both teams in a major championship. But my heart is with the Giants.

I am a bit amused at the results of the poll on the New York Daily News' website this morning...but I have to remember the audience. for the record, I voted Patriots in a close game. I'm not an idiot.

No comments: