Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dunkin Donuts Free Iced Coffee Day

Today is Dunkin' Donuts free Iced Coffee Day (after 10am). Usually I don't hit up these free events (free cone day, free burrito day) because it just seems like too much of a hassle to receive a free item of nominal value. I suppose part of the charm is community - waiting with others also seeking free stuff. But the lines usually offset the value, and I can't get myself to wait thirty minutes for a scoop of ice cream.

But this is different. There are Dunkin Donuts everywhere. I can't imagine that all of them will have long lines for the full twelve hours of the promotion.

I'm almost tempted to hit up each of the four or five Dunkin Donuts here in Southie just to see how long it would take to receive four or five free iced coffees. Unless they embed microchips or ask for our social security numbers, I don't know how they plan to prevent people from receiving multiple free iced coffees from different stores or at different times during the 10am-10pm window. Perhaps they're fine with any customers who are so excited about the free stuff that they are willing to keep hitting up Dunkin Donuts outlets throughout the day.

Which reminds me of a link from Universal Hub to a YouTube video posted by a couple guys that hit up 40 different Dunkin Donuts in one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great video! Thanks for sharing!