Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Survived Another Cold

I think the fevers are finally behind me. We shall see this evening.

I made it through an entire day in the office. I didn't think I was going to, though. We had a 90 minute meeting in the mean locker...I mean, our conference room. I sat there with my hoodie on, arms intertwined up each opposite arm, hiding my hands from the elements. Soon after, around 12:45, a 101 degree fever hit, and my plan was to leave after lunch.

But I wandered downstairs for a bowl of soup and a chewy cookie, and after eating it at my desk, I felt renewed. The healing properties of soup are amazing. It got me through the remainder of the day, and another productive day is in the books.

My throat, however, is not 100%. I am munching on some leftover lasagna for dinner, and am looking forward to another evening of medicinal Häagen-Dazs.

No comments: