Thursday, September 04, 2008

Welcome to Southie. Have a Phone Book.

I didn't think phone books would disappear entirely, even with my crusade earlier this year, interview in the Boston Globe, appearance on Fox 25 news, and invitation to City Hall.

Case in point - I saw this on my neighbor's front stoop yesterday.

And the day before.

And the day before that.

And over the weekend.

Yes, more unwanted phone books.

One of the condos next door sold recently, so OF COURSE the phone companies ASSUMED that the new owners wanted their directories.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but my sense is that these books, like most phone directories, were unsolicited and unwanted, as it's rare that people order items and leave them on their front steps for days.

Who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. After all, there is an invoice shrink wrapped into the package.

Sigh. The battle continues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry! These types of things just don't happen in the suburbs! : )