Thursday, October 02, 2008

24 Hours of Vegetables

Today was vegetable day on Mike's crazy Internet diet, and as much of an omnivore that I am, it was not pretty.

Let's just say that I'm going to be skipping carrots for the near future.

I will fully admit that I amended the rules a touch. I grandfathered my final meal from last night into my 24-hour period of veggies and beans. That allowed for me to enjoy a delicious salmon and vegetable dinner prepared by Karin and Debbie around 9pm.

But note to self - carrots, celery, and cucumbers for breakfast at 7:15am will make me hungry around 8:30am.

Carrots, celery, and cucumbers again for lunch...just doesn't cut it.

Apparently, the vegetable day is an important one that forces my body to burn stored fat.

Perhaps.

But, it made me incredibly hungry throughout. I think I filled my cravings with water and coffee, and ended up peeing quite often today.

Thankfully, tomorrow is back to a protein-laden day, and the following three days are apparently diet-free.

While I fully admit that I did not weigh myself before the diet, I know that I lost weight over these two weeks. My pants are even looser than they have been.

No comments: