Monday, December 14, 2009

Taking a Break

So, Platinum Elite is going on hiatus.

It's been a fun few years of writing about randomness, but it's time to take a break. Perhaps I'll kick off some new posts in 2010, or maybe even start up a new site.

My initial goal with Platinum Elite was to write about my crazy business travel stories. As my life became more sedentary, my writing shifted more into the general interest area. While there's nothing inherently wrong about that, I always straddled the line between sharing just enough to be interesting, but not too much to be too personal.

I never designed Platinum Elite to be read by anyone, to be perfectly honest.

But then people started reading.

I saw the traffic and watched the analytics. I was flattered, floored, surprised, and then a bit unnerved. Platinum Elite was cited in mainstream news sources, received a bunch of links, and led to some interesting opportunities for me. I stumbled into a manner of presenting my creativity, and grew to love the attention.

Recently, however, I started further questioning purpose and audience, and have decided that a pause is a terrific idea.

Thanks for reading. Maybe I'll be back!

4 comments:

The Fuz said...

Boo! I enjoy your posts!

And you'll most definitely be back in some form...blogging is an addiction. I recently started up again after a good year of posting minimally.

Anonymous said...

It's been interesting reading your blogs, and I sure will miss this leisure reading! I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors! Peace out! =)

Kathy said...

Sorry to read this....

Glenda J said...

I've enjoyed your blog. Welcome to the new demographic and enjoy your hiatus!