Friday, May 18, 2007

Day 1 - off to Minneapolis

I often have sinking feelings that I have forgotten to pack something (a charger, a computer, my wallet, etc) when embarking on a journey. I think I'm covered for now.

This is my first Continental flight in a few months. BOS-EWR-MSP. It's nice to be back with them. This trip should push me over 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles with them in 2007, so I'll probably hit Silver again by the end of the year. At this point last year, I was probably already almost Gold. Amazing what happens when you switch jobs and fly JetBlue a lot.

I am leaving minus a tube of sunblock lotion, because in my odd lapse of travel judgement, I elected to pack it on my carry-on, and TSA swiftly removed it from my person. I think this is my first trip bringing sunblock since all of the cream / liquid / gel rules, and for some reason the neurons just didn't connect this morning regarding that. I figured TSA would want to check my backpack due to the insane amount of device chargers I'm carrying, but simply forgot about the lotion.

The beauty of US travel is that I can always purchase items along the way....I realize that part of my trip brings us through places such as Arkansas and Mississippi, but I'm guessing that those states do have stores. Probably just Wal-Mart.

Things seem on-time here at Logan, even with the terrible rain in Boston. We're boarding First Class now. Unfortunately today, tha's not me.

No comments: