Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Another Match Game death


I'm a couple days late with this, but I just caught wind that Brett Somers died on Monday. First Charles Nelson Reilly, now her. Granted, the Match Game crew is way up there in years, but they live on in their own little time capsule on GSN.

I remember moving to my first apartment in Princeton, NJ over ten years ago, and my cousin Bryan and I discovered a live cable line after a long day of moving my stuff up three flights of stairs. We sat in my one air-conditioned room, and watched Match Game for hours.

I have always loved classic game shows - whether it's their simplicity or memory of my childhood, I never picked up in the adult overtones (and overall stupid humor) of Match Game. I still think its one of the funniest shows on TV, and (along with The Brady Bunch) just one of those shows that when flipping past, I always stop and watch.

No comments: