Tuesday, April 01, 2008

RickRolled! Never Gonna Give You Up by Tay Zonday

I got RickRolled.

Kind of.

For a couple months, we have been kidding with our co-worker Martin that his driver's license photo looks like a Rick Astley album cover.

Then I hear about this Internet phenomenon called "Rickrolling," where basically a user clicks on a link, but is re-routed to a video of Rick Astley singing "Never Gonna Give You Up" in true Internet-prank fashion.

Well, I let my April Fool's Day guard down when I logged into Blogger today. I saw a new product that Google was planning to launch - something about blogging directly into search results. Hmm, what's this I thought. Interesting concept.

Well, clicking on the "video demo" brought me here. Tay Zonday (of "Chocolate Rain" fame) covering Rick Astley.

So, a round-about RickRoll.

Google, you got me.

No comments: