Saturday, December 23, 2006

Conceding my rank

Usually the holidays are pretty busy with parties, friends, nights out, family events, and miscellaneous end-of-the-year work projects. It typically begins with my birthday in mid-November, so I get a week's jump on the festivities from Thanksgiving day.

This year has been no exception. It's a nice problem to have, actually! I am fortunate to have such an excellent crew of friends and family, a great place to live, a sound mind and a (too) full belly. I am appreciative of my new job and everyone at work, and am fortunate that I have been given (and taken) plenty of opportunities throughout my career.

I must now resume the creation process of the gifts for my parents. That's my project today. This year, I'm appealing to sentiments rather than buying much "off the rack." Usually, these types of gifts are winners.

Lots of travel will resume in in Jan 07. I'm sure the stories of my friends in Airworld will abound. Until then, I can cheerfully enjoy the remainder of 2006 without my fellow citizens, and prepare for my time in 2007 as merely a (gasp) Silver Elite. There goes my scarlet P.

Usually a few interesting or offbeat stories occur during the week between Christmas and New Years. If so, I'll be sure to post.

1 comment:

FG18 said...

Merry Christmas Jason!!