Saturday, December 16, 2006

Ribbit


I finally broke down and hit the malls today for the first time this holiday season. We went to the Natick Mall, which is under some type of expansion. Their traffic patterns were terrible, and combined with their numerous jersey barriers for construction and general chaos of pathetic Massachusetts suburban drivers, almost caused me to move to Plan B before finding a spot open up. Although the journey spurred a terrific idea for my father's gift, the three of us walked out of the mall with 2 calendars among us. That mall is kind of lame, to be honest.

Next stop was John Harvard's Brew Pub for some necessary lubrication before doing battle with the parkers at Shopper's World in Framingham.

The parking lot at Shopper's World was surprisingly tame, and plenty of spots existed throughout. Stop 1 there was Babies R Us, a store I hadn't ever stepped foot into. We bought some pajamas with feetsies and some infant flash cards (a la The Royal Tenenbaums) for an undoubtedly gifted 6 month old. When my friend checked out, I realized that he hadn't asked for gift boxes, so I asked for him, only to hear from the cashier that they had none. Me, in my impatient irritated tone, asked, "ran out or never had any." They never had any. That tells me that some geniuses at Babies R Us corporate decided that gift boxes were unnecessary for their retail outlets through the holiday season. What morons.

The rest of the journey was relatively uneventful - Best Buy, Starbucks, Petsmart, AC Moore, Kohl's, and Linens N Things (where I bought silicone soft rubber ice-cube trays that made ice cubes with dots on them like pairs of dice, only to bring them home, fill them with water, and realize that soft silicone water-filled trays are pretty difficult to move into the freezer without major spillage). We did see a dude in a chicken suit, though. And for some reason my inquiry at Petsmart about the small packages of live crickets caused a sales associate to help me for about ten minutes, thinking that I was interested in buying a frog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason forgot to mention the most important fact...that he went to all these places with his #1 Myspace friend Jamen. Thanks for the shout out Jason.

This blog SUCKS!

Jason said...

For the record, yes Jamen attended the shopping excursion. He bought the pajamas with the feetsies.

FG18 said...

i like wine...or wine glasses:) or wine.....