Monday, December 18, 2006

Farewell McAllen

My moments of clarity seem to occur in the shower and at the gym. I could shower longer, but that would be wasteful. I could go to the gym longer or more often...but, well, y'know...

I was just thinking this morning (at the gym) how I haven't been to LA in 5 or 6 months - probably the longest amount of time in years. My trips there were never by choice or for fun...always work. I'm a fan of components of the LA metro area, just not the entire thing (it would be unfair of me to bash the entire city since this blog seems to get hits from LA). Any city with such an overabundance of In-N-Out burgers gets bonus points.

I know that my business travel in 07 will take me back to LA at some point. It will also take me to places I'm now fine with (Austin for example), and others I'd prefer just to use for flight conenctions (Houston comes to mind).


Where it won't take me are places like Burlington, VT - which is such a cool and charming city all by its lonesome way up I-89, removed from the rest of New England in a world unto itself. It reminds me so much of Boulder, CO, another place I probably won't see again any time soon.





It also won't take me to McAllen, TX. Thank God. 5 trips there in recent years. No photos. No need.

4 comments:

John Keith said...

Terry and I are spending New Year's in Los Angeles, and then on to Palm Springs.

It's his 40th birthday!

Anonymous said...

You mean you don't miss the BMP studies in McAllen LOL. You will have to let me know when you come to LA.

Mahwish

Jason said...

40 years young? No way! You'd never know!

Jason said...

Um...no. Not just BMP studies. I mean I don't miss McAllen. All of it!! :)