Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Scraping the bottom


The original intent of this blog was to chronicle the absurdity of traveling on business - sights, Airworldians, uncomfortable beds, and towel bunny sightings.

During these travel lulls, my lack of creativity drives me toward the commonplace everyday occurrences that probably aren't too interesting (i.e. "wow, I just discovered that chocolate chips in oatmeal are very delicious").

I probably should write about music at some point. Everyone who knows me is aware of my life in the world of broadcasting and interest in recorded music. I seem to be distributing many more mix-CD's lately (the recipients, I'm sure, are simply listening to them to discover new music and then go out to purchase the actual CD's like good citizens).

My friend Dan had a smart blog posting once about sharing the Top 20 Most-Played titles in one's itunes library. Though that idea wasn't mine, I'll me happy to divulge my top title - a bizarre 3-way tie actually among John Legend ("Save Room"), OK Go ("Here We Go Again"), and The Veronicas ("I Can Get Used To This").

I also mentioned, once, that I'm more a fan of succinct blog postings rather than paragraphs - bullet-point lists to satisfy my USA Today-esque consumption of the news. So naturally, I now write long postings in paragraphs.

As for the photo - I typed in "chocolate chips oatmeal" into google and checked out what images came up. Naturally, a ton of photos of cookies, muffins, and a photo of this dude. He's a US Representative from Virginia - "The Honorable Thomas M. Davis." Never heard of him. Apparently, he's a Republican. And a Scientologist.

No comments: