Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Get thee to a Fribble-ry

I really wish I did not need to sleep.

I suppose I could take speed and become a meth head. They stay up for long period of time, right? Recently, my friends diagnosed our server at Boston Beer Works (a place NOT on My Veto List) as such, given his relatively normal outward appearance and rotten teeth.

When it's gym time, I set the alarm for 5 AM and usually rise around 5:20 after a short while to orient myself and listen to a few tunes on WBOS. Yesterday, my alarm awoke me at 5 AM. Around 5:20, I determined that morning gym was nowhere in my immediate plans. Poker until midnight killed this early option. Plan B - gym after work. I brought my bag with me, and figured I would swing by on the way home.

I stayed at work until 7 PM, hoping to avoid the evening crunch. No go. Still packed when I got there. All cardio machines occupied, small locker room very busy, people everywhere. I snuck on an undesirable cardio machine (which wasn't too bad, actually) for 30 minutes, then stretched for a while and left.

Granted I don't have the physique of a gym rat - sometimes my crunches involve Cheez-Its rather than ab exercises. But I have possessed a gym membership long enough, and have used it regularly enough to hate the January rush of New Years' Resolvers, counting the days until they slowly begin dropping due to lack of motivation and interest in Friendly's Fribbles.

No comments: