Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Adding to the list of firsts


Jason's list of "firsts" recorded today. Nothing Earth-shattering, yet all new experiences.


1. First time I took the US Airways Shuttle to LaGuardia.

2. First time I flew somewhere and back in the same day.

3. First time I sat behind a row with not one, but 2 screaming infants in it.

4. First time I received Sacajawea Dollars as change from a human-cashier (as opposed to a machine such as a MetroCard machine). I bought an iced tea and a quasi-Auntie Anne's pretzel with a $10 bill, and received all coins as change. Terrific.

5. First time I almost hurled in a taxi. Stop-and-go traffic is more manageable when I'm driving, or when my cab driver isn't insane.

6. First time I drove my car while wearing a suit jacket and a trench coat. My car was cold. This is not an easy activity.
7. First time I listened to US Airways' entirely unnecessary 90-second pitch over the loud in-cabin intercom for their credit card by one of the flight attendants midway through an early morning flight that most Airworldians use for cat nap purposes.

No comments: