Thursday, January 11, 2007

My brilliant move of the week

I sprained my ankle yesterday after completely missing a step on one of our staircases at work.

Our building is a 4-story mansion near Kenmore Square, and after turning the lights off on the top two floors in anticipation of being the last one out for the day, I had to go back upstairs and make a photocopy. In lieu of turning the lights back on, I elected to go the ankle sprain route instead on the descent back to the second floor. I'm all about energy conservation - not just electric, but also my own internal thermal energy. 5:30am gym runs are now on hold.

I'm so lucky that I live my life vertically - four flights up to my desk, one flight up to my condo.

I'm getting two different acronymnal treatment methods. PRINCE from WebMD and RICE from Wikipedia.

PROTECTION
REST
ICE
NSAIDs or acetaminophen.
COMPRESSION
ELEVATION

REST
ICE
COMPRESSION
ELEVATION

I like Prince's music, and Rice is too high-carb for me, so I'll stick with the former.

Between my cold and my ankle, I'm now broken, damaged goods. I am feeling a couple "on the couch" days in my short-term.

No comments: