Tuesday, February 13, 2007

In the presence of something so delish


Why I like Nashville:

1. Like Austin, this city has a pulse.

2. Both claim musical roots. Live Music Capital of the World (Austin) vs. Music City (Nashville). Nashville wins because they are more modest in their assertion.

3. Someone I didn’t know called me “sweetie” during lunch on Friday

4. Everyone is super nice. Almost too nice. I had to call many people on the phone who had inquired about our school here in Nashville, and those I was able to reach were very chatty, polite, and the furthest thing from nasty and curt.

5. In LA, everyone has a headshot, and many are head cases. In Nashville, everyone is a musician or a songwriter, and they all have demos that they are shopping. That’s a bit more charming and indicative of talent versus a Glamour Shot 8 ½ x 11”.

6. They sell pulled pork sandwiches at the airport (but…so does Austin, so that’s a push).

No comments: