Wednesday, February 14, 2007

OnePass out, Rapid Rewards in!


Southwest continues to surprise me - all good stuff!

Sitting here at gate C-7 in Nashville en route to Austin, the same gate from which the 3:20 PM Providence flight also operates, my aircraft's pilot just came on the loudspeaker to inform us that our plane is on the way from Raleigh, will be here in 25 minutes, that we would normally be making up time in the air but will be facing 140 MPH headwinds, and we will be landing about 50 minutes late.

I have never, ever heard a pilot get on the intercom at an airport gate, let alone give that much information about a flight.

I was just commenting earlier how during my 3 Southwest flights so far this month, all 3 times the next pilot was either walking down the jetway onto the plan as we deplaned, or already on the plane as we deplaned. This airline really hustles.

Gripes are easy. Sometimes I fear that early praise can turn into nightmare. But sometimes, early praise is simply warranted.

No comments: