Thursday, May 17, 2007

Loosen up my buttons, baby


In preparing for my trip, I was trying on my cargo shorts which I haven't worn much of since last summer.


One of the irritating things about living near the water here in Southie is the salt in the air. It must have shrunk my shorts over the winter, especially in the waistline.


Last night, I had a great idea - rip off the buttons on each pair and re-sew them back on just about a half-inch away from the original position. Much better. I wish it were as easy with jeans when the salty air shrinks them too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture J- yum!

Anonymous said...

I live in Texas and the same thing happens to my summer clothes over the winter. Unfortunately I live too far away from the Texas coast to blame it on salt in the air! I really enjoy your blog and look forward to reading it when I get to work each day. Keep it coming. I love learning about life in Boston.

Jason said...

Janice - Thank you for the nice comment! I think your issue with the summer clothes in Texas is one of the following. If you live in a dry, arid part - the moisture from your clothes gets absorbed by the air, and they become smaller. If you live in a humid part, you retain water and fill your clothes a bit more because of the climate. So either way, it's not your fault. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

oh the creativity!!! this is like blaming getting sick from drinking on the food..."must have been that burger i ate" (not the 7 beers).