Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Pizza Pie-er dude

Yesterday was another day of deck sanding. Fortunately, everyone's good advice and suggestions to rent a floor drum sander were perfect. That monster was amazing. A quick 4 hour rental from Home Depot and some elbow grease, and the deck floor looks great. I'm left with some touch-up work, and would love to find a higher grit sandpaper that attaches to my orbital sander, but Home Depot seems to only stock no hook & loop sandpaper under 60 grit (which works...but it takes longer). 36 grit would be better, and I'm finding some sources for it online this morning.

Last night, we had Pizza Pie-er pizza from their store on Mass. Ave near Berklee. I haven't had pizza from there in years, but was very good. There's a second location on Wickenden St. in Providence, so I know the company from my time at college. Pizza Pie-er isn't fancy or thin crust pizza, but has thick and doughy crust, and a good sauce and cheese blend.

Back in the 90's, Pizza Pie-er used to have this dude dress up as a jester and prance around Providence's East Side in full costume, handing out coupons. I think he was supposed to me a "Pie-d Piper" (get it?) It was just one of those things that after a while, seemed normal (oh, there's the Pizza Pie-er jester). In retrospect, while Brown has its reputation for having eclectic students and events, I'd have to say a prancing jester passing out coupons for a pizza store is a bit odd. I looked online for a photo of the jester dude, but to no avail. I did find their old logo though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Want to try a nice pizza www.nyflyingpizza.com great food reasonable prices! .. Woody