Friday, June 08, 2007

Another T adventure

I'm just not cut out for daily T commuting. I left my car at the office after Scooper Bowl Wednesday night, since we took the T to City Hall Plaza, and it was just as easy to T it home from there.

I would estimate that if everything was timed perfectly, the commute from door to door would be 45 minutes. 15 minutes to walk to the Andrew T stop, Red line to Park St., Green line to Fenway, 3 minute walk to the office.

My error was simple. At Park St., there were 2 T's boarding passengers. I picked the unmarked one near the C line platform that was filling with people, figuring that based on where it was parked, it could be a C line, but nonetheless I had a 75% that it wasn't an E line. Yep - it was an E. Game over. Maybe it was really parked at the E platform, and I read the wrong sign.

Good thing the weather was beautiful yesterday, and the walk from Huntington was a breeze. But I still always end up sweaty after crowded T rides.

No comments: