Thursday, June 14, 2007

Confrontation Rocks

Contrary to my welcoming countenance and inviting personality, I love a good fight.

I had the pleasure of confronting a vendor at our convention today. Without naming names, we had a number of "Lead Generator" companies do just that - generate leads of potential students for our schools. Some of them worked out well, others were bad, and still others were terrible. These guys were terrible.

So, I sauntered up to their booth, they chatted with me, smiling faces, blah blah blah. I told them more about where I worked and quickly told them that we were an existing client, and that this vendor's leads were the absolute worst we saw and how displeased we were with their company. Like clockwork, one dude walked away, another dude continued talking to me but did not look me in the face, then soon walked away (from their own booth mind you), and the other two were left to explain the carnage - one of whom had a smug look on his face as if he hopes to meet me in a dark alley later so he can impale me with a blunt object and dump my body in Lake Pontchartrain. If nobody hears from me in Boston this weekend, that's probably what happened to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some people need to be fired! :)

Mahwish