Monday, June 11, 2007

Season's Not Over

I found this pic of Johnny Damon this morning on the NY Daily News' Yankees blog. I thought it was cool. Not because of Johnny, but rather the wooden bat in mid-split during the back swing.

All of a sudden, the Yanks are 9.5 games back and have won 9 of 11. I know I'm in the minority living here in Boston and - God forbid - staying allegiant to my New York roots and cheering for the team I watched during my entire childhood.


Sox - Yanks is the best rivalry in all sports. That's a biased opinion, but I am the one who writes Platinum Elite, so I'm allowed to say that here.

We have been fortunate over the past 11 years to see Yanks - Sox pretty much 1-2 for a decade, and combined we have seen 5 World Series Titles and 7 World Series appearances between the two teams. Baseball is really more exciting when both teams are doing well. I'm glad to see the Yanks make a run at it after being down 14.5 games for obvious reasons, but more diplomatically among Boston fans - I think it's good for the game and the rivalry.

No comments: