Friday, July 06, 2007

Big Brother is Back

I'm at a very low point in terms of motivation to exercise - I mean very low. It's terrible, because it's low on my radar screen of priorities now, and I just need to get back into an agressive cycle. It's much easier for me to play some poker online than it is get myself moving and sweating (though I did finish 2nd in a 65 person tournament last night).

I'm at that age in my early 30's where my metabolism just isn't what it used to be, and it's much less forgiving when burgers and brownie sundaes make their ways into my belly.

Which doesn't bode well for me when the most vapid of vapid reality shows just debuted last night, Big Brother 8. I always get sucked in by BB, and their jedi mind tricks have idiots like me tuning in 3 times each week to watch other idiots live in a house, bicker, and posture for the cameras. This season is especially interactive through CBS's website, complete with their Big Brother Wiki that anyone can edit.


I sat down at like 11:30pm to watch the episode DVR'ed from earlier. It turns out this year's cast is particularly camera-ready, young, and all buffed up for TV. Forget living in the house this season if you're not white, thin, or stupid.

And for some reason, it's going to become one of my first-watched shows off the DVR list yet again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let it get you down. We all get stuck in those slumps where we would rather do anything but workout. I do know a couple of great tips that helped me get in great shape. Let me know if you are interested and we can talk about them.
I have never been into BB. The Amazing Race, however, can suck me in like no other.

Anonymous said...

Okay. So, I actually watched an hour of BB last night. I had never seen the show before, and now I know that I am not missing anything.

Not only did I find the characters to be arrogant, shallow, and quite frankly, extremely boring; but the fact that CBS is encouraging people to watch them 24/7 kind of makes me wonder whose life would be so boring that they would do such a thing.

I also have to say that announcing that you and your ex-partner have had gonorrhea on national T.V., is probably one of the dumbest things you could do for your social life.

So, in my humble opinion, Big Brother has earned a Big Veto!!!

Jason said...

This year's crew is particularly shallow, and yes I agree about the STD comment - although it did make me laught out loud for about 10 seconds. I think BB is going to once again prove to be good mindless fluff