Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Farmer's Market

While convenience during my lunch hour usually wins out to finding more interesting places to eat than Kenmore's paltry take-away options, I am beginning to find the need to branch out.

Yesterday, I returned to the Copley Mall to pick up my watch, and noticed the Farmer's Market at Copley. Now, I've known about this from my time living on Clarendon St. years ago, but that information was displaced with more current facts and details (I have a theory that my brain is full, and in the zero-sum game that is my memory, anything new that I want to remember causes something else to be forgotten).

This will be my new favorite midday activity on Tuesdays. And, doing some quick searching online for details on the market, I'm now learning they have it on Tuesdays AND on Fridays. Score!

The produce looked real - not like the hothouse fabricated kind that Stop & Shop sells. The vendors were chatty. They had plants, pies, and breads. I walked away with 4 herb plants for just $10. I now have rosemary (since mine wouldn't grow from seed), basil, and two kinds of herbs so Ryan can make his special mojitos during my impromptu Nintendo Wii parties.

I'm very happy about this find, which is probably a big yawner to the many people who regularly pass through Copley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jason, will you help me grow some herbs. I really like your assortment and would like some for my back patio as well.