Sunday, July 08, 2007

My Personal Independence Day


I had a strange feeling hit me today - and that's the feeling of not having to complete a home improvement project. It's very liberating.

I even purchased some hanging plants for the deck today. The brown floor stain looks more like paint, but regardless - it turned out great, and the finished deck looks 18 million times better than beforehand.

I checked the archives of Platinum Elite to find that on Sunday, April 22nd, I first posted about my brilliant idea. A mere 11 weeks later, the deck is done and the kitchen is painted. The projects would have taken much less time if Mississippi River driving trips, conventions in Minnesota, inclement weather, Mother's Day, and my full-time job didn't interfere.

Ryan deserves lots of credit for helping along the way; I'm sure he will enjoy resuming his normal weekend activities, whatever they may be.

The only flat surfaces in my building that I can possibly paint next are my laundry alcove, my back staircase, or my basement. I intend to paint none of those, so let's consider today - July 8th - as my personal Independence Day from home painting, staining, and sanding projects.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I am impressed. Good selection of colors for contrast. Looks way better than the "all brown, all the time" siding, decking, and lattice work of your neighbor's decks in the background.

Jason said...

Thanks, Brian - that's exactly what I was thinking as I looked at their deck...the white trim was definitely the way to go!

Anonymous said...

Way to go guys! I think it looks awesome. I am looking forward to a party on the deck really soon. Maybe a Wii Party with some of Ryan's famous fruit Pizza??? Yum!

Anonymous said...

it looks fantabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

It does look awesome. I like the floor stain. It looks warm and rich.

Anonymous said...

Deck looks great my man - hope all is well

hallock