Thursday, August 09, 2007

Dust Mites


I am overly cognizant of radio marketing these days as we compose our next ad campaign, which will begin soon after Labor Day.

For the past few weeks, there's one ad stuck in my head, that I really don't want to hear any more. I'm not sure how many stations are part of Jordan Furniture's new campaign (WBZ and WBOS are definitely two of them, since that's what i listen to in the mornings).

The crux of their campaign is to buy a new mattress because of dust mites, the excrement of which can double the weight of a mattress after ten years, because they feast on dead skin cells and are the leading cause of asthma.

Interesting angle - gross us out into buying a new mattress. Yuck!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Eww - that really is gross. That's one of those ideas about which my dad always said: "Imagine - someone wrote that down a piece of paper and showed it to someone else (maybe even two people), who also liked it. Who are these people?"