Friday, August 10, 2007

Lower Depths / Muse / Cold War Kids / Sibling Rivalry

Last night was a busy one - after work, we took Katie out for drinks, since today is her birthday and she (rightfully) has done what we all should do in life...take our birthday off!

We went to Lower Depths in Kenmore, a cool little bar that's beer heavy, wine light, and devoid of hard booze (I'm assuming due to their license). They had their patio doors open, and the scene on the patio was smoky and very "bike messenger," if that paints a picture. I hope we didn't stick out too much because I thought the vibe was cool. They seem to play music off of a MacBook, and we heard lots of Judas Priest and Muse while there (oh...side note...I have an extra ticket for the Muse / Cold War Kids show Sat night, and if any Platinum Elite readers want to join me, just drop me an email at platinumeliteblog@gmail.com).

I left around 7:45 to join Chris and Jamen for dinner, who invited me to Sibling Rivalry. It's Restaurant Week, and always a fun time to explore new digs.
I had never been there before, and must admit that their Restaurant Week menu was the best one I have seen - way more than 2 or 3 choices. They supplied 8 or 9 appetizer choices, and another 8 or 9 entree selections. I had a salad with pancetta and fig to start, then a delicious halibut with escargot, ending with a lemon tart dessert. Add some wine, tax, and tip, and $33 Restaurant Week becomes a $60 debit (that always seems to happen...), but this time well worth it.

No comments: