Sunday, August 12, 2007

Muse live in Boston

I went to the most amazing Muse show last night at Agganis Arena on BU's campus. This band epitomizes "rock star," and their pretention is directed away from traditional rocker excess into a political and social musical commentary that's incredible to watch.

Muse used a few video screens and an awesome light show to enhance the music - I feel like they told a story of some science-fiction battle, mixed with a push toward creating a ground-swell of social change through people organizing and rising up against oppressive governments. I never really viewed their music in this light, so it's an interesting new perspective to have.

I took this video off of You Tube, from their show at MSG a few days ago. I loved the robot video dance march to the tune of "Supermassive Black Hole."

My ears are still ringing.....the perils of good rock music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at the Agganis for this show too - and it was fantastic! I put a few video clips on YouTube, though unfortunately none where you can see these dancing robots.