Saturday, September 15, 2007

Burger Countdown


I had the strangest thought today during lunch.

The closest eatery to my office in UBurger. For a fast food burger joint, they have very tasty burgers, onion rings, and fries. Their frappes look great too, but I'm in my final seven days of my Summer Lent, and frappes are not an approved beverage.

Upon sitting down to eat my cheeseburger, I looked at it and wondered how many more burgers I will eat during the remainder of my life.

I don't usually eat more than one burger each week (actually, this is a liberal estimate). Let's say three per month. 12 months in a year, 36 burgers per year.

I'm turning 33 in November, and hope to have another good 50 years at least. Some quick math, carry the three, and I'm thinking I have about 1,800 burgers left in me.

Of course that's assuming I don't go all vegan or anything during my upcoming Autumn Lent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No more lent for you Jason...I can't take another one. It's more stressful on me than it is on you. Thank God Summer Lent is over in 4 days!!!!