Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bad decision

I came into a last-minute Sox-Yanks ticket yesterday. The seats that our managing partner has are incredible - 5th row to the right of the Sox dugout.

I ran into Doug while entering the gates, so I knew he was there at the game too. During the 5th inning, my boss, his wife, and son had to leave for a few reasons, so I texted Doug to come join me if his seats were bad. He brought a friend over, and stayed for a couple innings.

This game is a loooong one (it's almost 11pm and we're still in the 7th), I'm a bit tired and at the end of a cold, and the Yanks are losing 7-2, and once again sitting there alone.

I left during Take Me Out To The Ballgame in the middle of the 7th....

...to awake to the headline:

"Mammoth Rally carries Yanks past Red Sox"

The Yanks scored 6 in the top of the 8th, and I was home watching The DaVinci Code.

I deserve to have my Yankees membership card rescinded. I feel empty.

No comments: