Saturday, September 08, 2007

Dealing with idiots


I spent much of Friday dealing with idiots. And in most cases, I was not a nice person to them.

Literally 5 hours on the phone or by email to start my day - many people from different radio stations looking for commercials that they already had somewhere in their respective buildings.

See, Wednesday night, I distributed about 130 unique radio commercials to stations across the country, through a secure commercial distribution interface that they use all the time. Delivery confirmation is readily available in the reporting feature, so it's easy to see if and when somebody from the station has accessed the email.

The problems - I did not tell the sales reps that I was going to do this (I shouldn't have to), they seem to communicate poorly (or, not at all) with their in-house co-workers who are responsible for opening these emails, and those responsible for opening these emails didn't always open them (or, for that matter read the instructions in clear bold text that accompanied each order).

The whole point in using this mechanism was to avoid individual emails to each station, and worrying that my emails will end up in spam boxes (as seems to occur with our business domain sometimes).

I almost hit the bottle last night, but Summer Lent is all about will power, and I'm close to its end.

Things seem fine for now. I'm expecting, however, some more fireworks on Monday, when our ads are supposed to begin. Happy times, serenity now. 13 days until some booze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it!
How did Jamen almost make you sick? When are you all coming to DC?