Monday, September 10, 2007

NFL Opening Weekend


Opening day of the football season, anticipation of a couple months of awesome football and baseball overlap, and in a very un dude-like manner, I find a way to dart off to the Wrentham Outlets for the day.

We drove down there early, which was perfect. When I saw an empty parking lot around 10:30, I figured that everybody was home watching the Pats. What I didn't realize is that the mass of shoppers just hadn't shown up yet, undoubtedly off at church or brunching banana chocolate chip pancakes.

After we ate lunch around 12:30 at the Pizzeria Uno's near the entrance and drove back up the hill for more shopping greatness, we realized that about 17,000 cars had just arrived and taken all of the prime spots. Luckily, this wasn't around the holidays, and there were still spots off in the end cap lots. Additional walking balanced the guilt of buffalo chicken quesadillas and an extended credit card workout.

When it was all said and done, somehow I ended up with eight new pairs of pants, an umbrella, a few shirts and socks, a neck pillow for airplanes, and a bundt pan.

And afterward, I managed to see the Giants defense forget to fly to Dallas last night, and half of their team end up hurt in the locker room. It's rare that Eli Manning puts up 35 points in one weekend, so I'm classifying this as a missed opportunity.

No comments: