Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Metal objects on a grill are very hot

A couple weeks ago, my parents gave me a couple presents for my birthday, both of which were accessories for my (relatively) new grill.

_______________
Here is how the exchange for one of those presents went:

Father: "Happy Birthday"
Me: "Thanks"

(I open the present)

Me: "Wow, a digital wireless meat thermometer!"

Father" "We bought one for Pete and he loved it!"

Me: "How does it work?"

Father: "You plug the wire into the transmitter and stick the probe in the meat when it's on the grill, then you select the type of meat and internal temperature on the receiver and wait for it to beep when it's done"

Me: "Sounds great! Thanks!"

___________________
Here is how the exchange for one of those presents should have gone:

Father: "Happy Birthday"
Me: "Thanks"

(I open the present)

Me: "Wow, a digital wireless meat thermometer!"
Father" "We bought one for Pete and he loved it!"
Me: "How does it work?"
Father: "You plug the wire into the transmitter and stick the probe in the meat when it's on the grill, then you select the type of meat and internal temperature on the receiver and wait for it to beep when it's done. BE CAREFUL, THE PROBE WILL BE HOT WHEN IT'S IN THE MEAT ON THE GRILL"
Me: "Of course it will be, metal on a grill! Who doesn't know that? But I understand - safety first, and you are my father so I'm sure you're concerned for my well-being. Thanks!"


My thumb and index finger on my right hand hurt like a mother. Burn blisters blow.

No comments: