Thursday, January 31, 2008

Green Line Flying By


Green Line Flying By, originally uploaded by southiejason.

For Christmas, I received a great news lens for my camera - a Canon 70-300mm zoom lens with Image Stabilizer. Unfortunately, I have not had much of an opportunity to use it around town. It's easier to take pictures when a) I have time to kill, and b) it's not frigid.

Which put me in the position I'm in today. That is - I'm leaving for the Super Bowl tomorrow, and I do not feel comfortable with this lens yet. I definitely want to have this lens on my camera during the game, as the closeness of the zoom is far superior to the 18-55mm lens I bought with the camera.

I don't think it will be much of an issue, as the field and stadium will be lit up clear as day, and I shouldn't have to worry about screwing up nighttime shots. Even with the Image Stabilizer, though, I would prefer to have had more practice.

I just cleaned off my memory card, and found this shot that I took on the same night as The Publick House escapade. I love the way it turned out - a touch eerie, and enough blur to suggest (correctly) motion.

No comments: