Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Someone Left a Cake Out

I grabbed my camera again this morning to see if I really did see a chocolate cake sitting outside on the street yesterday, and if I did, was it still there?

Rosie and I took a walk down the street on which I recalled having seen the cake. Sure enough, it was still there. And it's not a mini-cake or anything, it's a standard 8-10" round one.

I always wondered what the heck Donna Summer was singing about in MacArthur Park ...


Someone left the cake out in the rain

and I don't think that I can take it

'cause it took so long to bake it

and I'll never have that recipe again



I kind of still don't get the song, but can safely say that I truly never thought I would have a moment such as this. I suppose all we need is some rain, and the song would apply even more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Rosie has opened your eyes to a whole new world -- unfortunately that world includes trash on the streets of southie. Given that, I would think you'd be happy to see a fully baked cake to break up the monotony. :)