Monday, February 11, 2008

Across the Universe and Guitar Hero III


On Saturday, I rented Across the Universe from my local Blockbuster, and happened to notice that they were selling Guitar Hero III for the Wii. I filed that away until Sunday.

Across the Universe featured some terrific arrangements of Beatles music, performed by a talented cast of singers, a couple of which sang during the Beatles montage at the Grammys last night. The plot had some odd twists and turns, but the music made it worth the rental.

On Sunday, we went to The Playwright for lunch, and my impulsive feelings consumed me, to the point that I found myself back at that Blockbuster soon thereafter, purchasing Guitar Hero III. I played it once before for XBox 360, and saw its addictive qualities.

Sure enough, I'm hooked.

Good thing, because, well, I ROCK !!!

I tore through Barracuda and Bulls on Parade, and beat Tom Morello himself on the axe in a guitar duel. My band is named Zebra Rock, and my character looks like a cross between Vince Neil circa 1985 and Lita Ford circa 1988.

I noticed little baggies of silica desiccant in the guitar box. I'm going to have to toss them out, as I would hate to rock even more and have the game encourage me to snort them in my tour bus.

No comments: