Friday, February 15, 2008

Poor Inventory Management


I have a gripe.

Somehow, I got hooked on Kiehl's Malleable Molding Paste, which is basically crap I put in my hair every morning. It looks like semen, but that's besides the point. I like how it works in my hair.

I don't know how I began using this stuff, but I probably read about it in GQ, Details, Playboy, or some other men's magazine that pushed items such as this in thinly-veiled articles that are little more than advertorials.

The last time I went to the Kiehl's store, I bought two containers of this, because the previous time I went there, they were sold out.

I'm starting to run low, so I thought I would take a drive over there during lunch on Friday.

After circling for 15 minutes, searching for a parking spot, and bemoaning my error in not taking the T or simply walking, I discovered that the Kiehl's on Newbury Street was once again sold out. Grrr. Irritating. Two of the past three trips there for this item have resulted in my not purchasing this item.

I am guessing that many people are seeking this item, as when I mentioned to one of the salespeople that "I don't think you have what I need," she said "are you looking for the molding paste."

I left in a bit of a huff, vowing to purchase it online at Kiehls.com, and be done with midday Newbury Street parking battles.

Sure enough, they are sold out online too. Technically, it's "temporarily unavailable."

Kiehl's, if so many people are looking for this item, why don't you produce more of it? What exactly is in this stuff? Elephant tusk? Swiftlet nests? Beluga caviar?

Make more of it.

I found some of it at Bloomingdales.com (it appears that Neiman Marcus also carries this stuff). I ordered some last night.


Why do I even bother attempt to buy things from bricks-and-mortar stores anymore?

No comments: