Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Cupcake Cake


Saturday was dinner at Brian & Kelly's. and for some reason, I had the idea to bring a cupcake-covered cake to complement their delicious French-inspired cuisine. Middle America meets Parisian gastronomy.

It was my idea, but Ryan did all of the work and decorating. I simply mixed the colors.





Naturally, when one was two boxes of cake mix prepared in the form of a double-layered cake and two dozen cupcakes frosted in pastel colors, one must break out the camera and throw down some close-ups.










Rosie knew what was going on....refined sugar on the counter within nose shot.










"Let me get a closer sniff at that. Yep, sugar." (This photo may or may not have been staged).
I still have cupcakes left. If I don't toss them, they are all going to end up in my belly, a place they don't need to be.

2 comments:

The Fuz said...

You should bring them to work...make everyone else eat them! Maybe you could also make cupcakes for the 19th? You know, so I could eat one.

Anonymous said...

Send them to me. I am jealous. Now, if John would make cupcakes, I would be a happy man.
They look tasty!